Artists and the arts community have been among the hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, with exhibition and performances spaces forced to close, while social distancing and lockdowns have changes audience behaviours.
To support the mental health of the arts community during the pandemic, ArtsHub created the Wellness and Recovery Resource (WRR). The WRR is a series of articles aimed at helping arts workers build resilience, manage stress and anxiety, and seek help.
With the support a grant from JNI, ArtsHub has been able to engage freelance writers and find new voices to add to the WRR, including healthcare professionals.
Accessing the Wellness Recovery Resource
The WRR is offered free outside ArtsHub’s paywall. Take look at some of the stories.
- Where artists can go for help in isolation — Trisnasari Fraser
- It’s time to talk about spiritual wellbeing — Dr Jackie Bailey
- How the ordinary is helping creatives cope — Madeleine Dore
- A career coach’s guide to self care and positivity for the long haul — Ellenor Cox
- Lessons from lockdown: Six sentences for the future — Donna Ward