A grant from JNI has helped The Guardian keep two people employed in two casual shifts a week. The funding has also supported two important parts of The Guardian‘s coronavirus coverage:
- Explainers updating readers on the state-by-state changes to lockdown rules and restrictions.
- A daily round-up of coronavirus news: ‘Coronavirus at a glance’.
A number of interesting stand-alone pieces have caught readers’ attention. The stories have covered a range of topics, from the bicycle boom to practical tax advice during the pandemic.
Read the stories
Take a look at some of the stories from reporter Justine Landis-Hanley.
- Room with a poo: the tiny Sydney apartment for rent with a toilet in the kitchen
- ‘Bicycles are the new toilet paper’: bike sales boom as coronavirus lockdown residents crave exercise
- Top tax return tips for Australians who worked from home during coronavirus