The Institute provided funding to Schwartz Media to support reporting in The Saturday Paper. Several stories were also adapted for the daily news podcast ‘7am’.
Veteran journalist Margaret Simons wrote a series of pieces covering a range of topics, including lockdown panic buying, the pandemic’s effect on higher education institutions and the ACCC Murray–Darling Basin water report.
Schwartz Media Editor-in-chief Erik Jensen said: “During the pandemic, this grant has allowed The Saturday Paper to increase its business coverage and make sure that every aspect of the recovery is properly scrutinised.”
Read the stories
Take a look at some of the stories from Margaret Simons.
- The real reason our shelves were empty
- The end of the university boom
- Govt tight-lipped on ACCC Murray-Darling Basin water report
- Mysterious Mr Power, architect of our recovery
- Murray-Darling could need Reserve Bank-style regulator
- Moves to build economic security
- Why Australia runs out of vital medicines
- ASIC under pressure
Listen to the podcast
Listen to more episodes from 7am.