The Conversation’s readers have relied on evidence-based journalism to help them make sense of the science and public health challenges presented by the coronavirus pandemic.
With JNI’s support, The Conversation hired journalist Liam Petterson to help its senior health and science editors turn quality articles around quickly.
Petterson has worked with more than 50 expert authors and has edited more than 35 health and medicine-related articles, during his time with The Conversation.
The articles he has worked on have been published more than 1.3 million times on The Conversation site and have been republished on the ABC, The New Daily, Science Alert, Stuff.co.nz, Scroll.in, Ted.com, Channel News Asia and The Jakarta Post.
Read the reporting
Take a look at some of the reporting from The Conversation, supported by JNI.
- Thinking about working from home long-term? 3 ways it could good or bad for your health — Carol T Kulik
- ‘Like having a truck idling in your living room’: the toxic cost of wood-fired heaters — Peter Irga, Brian Oliver and Fraser R Torpy
- Immunity to COVID-19 may not last. This threatens a vaccine and herd immunity — Nigel McMillan
- How should I clean my cloth mask? —Brett Mitchell and Philip Russo
- Five ways to get mental health help without having to talk on the phone — Aliza Werner-Seidler and Sophie H Li
- Here’s what we know so far about the long-term symptoms of COVID-19 — Peter Wark