Time Out covers the best of food, drink, culture, art, music, theatre, travel and entertainment in cities around the world.
Like the creatives, whose work Time Out champions, the organisation was able to adapt through the disruptions of COVID-19 and continue its reporting, with the support of a grant from JNI.
Time Out General Manager Jason Woodward said: “It was vitally important that we supported the inspiring solutions of our struggling arts community.”
The JNI grant allowed journalist Stephen Russell to cover dozens of stories, from small independent theatre companies figuring out new ways to reach audiences to extensivere porting on the near-collapse and last-minute rescue of Carriageworks.
Read the stories
Take a look at some of Stephen Russell’s stories.
- Sydney’s Carriageworks has been saved from closure by multi-million dollar bailout
- Will the government’s $250 million lifeline be enough to save the arts? We ask industry leaders
- Arts institutions react to NSW’s $50 million Rescue and Restart package
- Parramatta by Foot brings public art onto the streets of Western Sydney
- Get lost in Amazon Acres: a photographic snapshot of a 70s lesbian commune